Aleksa Mušikić and Mirko Tanjević are soccer players from Montenegro that transferred from Danilovgrad to Ranger College.
In this interview, we had the opportunity to hear Aleksa’s impressions after playing his first season in the USA.
You can read about how studying and playing soccer in the USA impacted him in the interview below.
1. Introduce yourself, and tell us more about you.
Hello! My name is Aleksa Mušikić and I’m from Montenegro. I’m currently studying at Ranger college in Texas, USA, where I also play soccer.
2. Why did you decide to continue your studies in America?
I made that decision because I wanted to continue both my athletic and academic careers at the same time, and the American education system made it possible.
3. How did your parents react when you told them you wanted to study in the USA?
They were very sceptical about it because it’s far away and they didn’t know what would await me there. Still, when I returned - and I think this is true for everyone else as well - it made them happy that I was successful.
The training conditions are very good, we play with people from all over the world, and the playing level is very high. The fields are mostly amazing, and so are the training sessions.Aleksa Mušikić, soccer player
4. Are you happy that you opted for the Prep Academy in the USA and how do you like the experience so far?
I’m very happy with my decision because I’ve been thriving academically, significantly improving my English and I’ve especially made progress when it comes to soccer. The training conditions are very good, we play with people from all over the world, and the playing level is very high. The fields are mostly amazing, and so are the training sessions.
5. How much did “Head Coach” help you in finding the Academy?
The guys from the Head Coach agency helped me a lot with finding the right college, as well as basically the whole process.
6. What advice would you give to young people who want to come to the USA as student-athletes?
You can’t go wrong in doing that, because the USA is a country that’s full of opportunities (that, of course, requires you to put in a lot of effort and work too).